The Bachelor of Business Administration, or BBA, is a three-year undergraduate curriculum that focuses on business and management. While B.Com stands for Bachelor of Commerce, a three-years programme provided by various universities across India and can be studied as an Honors course for three years.In a word, B.Com offers more employment opportunities than BBA. While the BBA course focuses on a comprehensive curriculum that includes Management Information Systems, Finance, Marketing, and Human Resource Management, the B.Com focuses on Accounts, Administration, Finance, and Economics.
Bachelor of Commerce(B.Com)
Bachelor of Commerce is an undergraduate degree that covers all aspects of commerce as well as allied disciplines such as finance, accounting, economics, taxes, and insurance. It is aimed to improve commerce students’ communication, analytical, and problem-solving abilities. B.Com Accounting and Finance, B.Com Marketing Management, and B.Com Finance are examples of specialised B.Com programmes. Students may pursue MCom or Masters of Commerce degrees after graduation, or study other professions such as MBA, Chartered Accountancy, or Cost Accountancy. Because mathematics is a key qualifying criteria for admission, B.Com is typically pursued by students from business and scientific disciplines. Admission to B.Com programmes at universities is based on merit or admission examinations.
- It’s best for students who want to learn about finance.
- Providing a solid foundation for commerce-related professional courses such as M.Com, MBA, CS, CA, CMA, CFA, and other relevant fields.
- This is more diverse, with more opportunities for specialisation in the sphere of commerce and more opportunities for professional progression.
- A graduate in B.Com might earn a handsome wage package in major organisations throughout the world due to the greater quantity of options.
Bachelor of Business Administration(BBA)
A Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA course) is an undergraduate degree in commerce and business administration that enables students to get foundational understanding of the core concept of business and its applications in the real world. It is a professional education that equips students with the required managerial abilities, operational and marketing knowledge, and associated expertise to begin a career in management. The BBA is often regarded as a prerequisite for MBA candidates. The best aspect is that there are several tracks to choose from within BBA, including Family Business and Business Analytics.
- Students get access to amazing work chances at top companies.
- Business skills are transferable to all domains of work.
- The foundations for a master’s degree in business administration are marked for students.
- A thorough accounting education prepares you for job in big accounting companies.
- BBA is known as the entrepreneurship centre since it allows students to develop their ideas and turn them into larger plans.
How to choose between BBA vs B.Com ?
Choosing between BBA course and B.Com might be a difficult decision. Here are the fundamental distinctions between these two courses so that you can see the difference between them.
- While BBAs are available in a variety of specialisations ranging from management to travel and tourism, media, marketing, and more, B.Com is primarily focused on commerce subjects and specialisations. B.Com is an excellent choice if you want to study business and management in the context of the commercial world and global company.
- BBA is ideal for people interested in pursuing a specialised management speciality such as Human Resource Management, Banking and Finance, Digital Marketing, Tourism Management, or Media and Communications.
- B.Com degree is a wonderful choice for those who want to pursue a career in commerce and want to learn more about various areas of the sector while also being interested in numbers.
- If you solely want to pursue a career in management and want to focus on developing the necessary abilities, a BBA may be the better option.
- When it comes to eligibilities, BBA is one of the simpler courses to get into because students from practically all streams are able to enroll.
- Admission to a B.Com (Hons) degree might be challenging due to tougher qualifying standards at some colleges.