Students pursuing higher education learn enormously from industrial visits as they help to bridge the gap between classroom learning and real-world job circumstances. Industrial visits are a part of the curriculum at India’s leading institutions to help students learn about the actual workplace environment and to provide a holistic education.
The following are some of the reasons why industrial visits are vital for students who are enrolled in professional courses: –
1. Interact with and learn from industry experts: Industrial visits enable students to meet and also be influenced by leading companies, policymakers, and professionals, as well as experience their insight and expertise. It provides the students with a comprehensive insight of how the actual industry works, as well as the opportunity to be inspired by their management and leadership skills. It enables students to access hands-on training in the industry’s most cutting-edge technology and trends.
2. Tries to open up some new opportunities to learn through watching: Students can get practical learning experience with real machinery, workstations, systems, facilities, assembly lines, and much more during industrial interactions, as well as understand how the system works from industry experts. For students who have always studied through their
imagination, such practical training is very important. Students also learn about the company’s production and operational policies, which they can relate to based on what they’ve studied in class.
3. Management of learning ideas: Students learn how experts function at work via industrial visit, and they use industry-specific ideas such as benchmarking, quality analysis, and just-in-time production, among others. They can learn how professionals supervise hundreds of personnel at once while yet adhering to quality standards and targets.
4. Enhances their employment prospects: Students can take advantage of industrial visit to develop good relationships with companies. It can assist them in their career search as well as approaching these organisations for training and internships. Positive interactions between students and the organization’s HR management can aid them in their future job search.
5. Supports them in exploring the far side of the horizon: Students who have been attending concept lecture sessions for a long period of time can now break up the monotony by participating in practical learning. They get the time to know outside of the classroom and engage in open conversation with faculty members and industry leaders. This
helps in their future betterment.
Industrial visits are the first point of connection between the student and the industry in which they work. It provides a platform for students to enhance their interpersonal skills, and students should take full advantage of the opportunities to further their learning.